The Offical Site of the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl
Hawaii Bowl
Hawaii Bowl
Hawaii Bowl Hawaii Bowl
    TEAMS | CORPORATE PARTNERS | MEDIA INFO | TRAVEL INFO | PROMOTIONS | PHOTO GALLERY

Sponsors

FBA

Sheraton Hotels & Resorts ESPN Plus Hawaiian Airlines Hawaii Tourism Authority Heineken Outback Steakhouse
Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl Press Release

(Sunday, December 8, 2013)

Oregon State Accepts Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl Invitation

HONOLULU – Oregon State University has accepted an invitation to play in the 2013 SHERATON HAWAI'I BOWL, as announced by Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl Executive Director David A. K. Matlin. The Beavers will make their first appearance in the SHERATON HAWAI'I BOWL and will meet Boise State of the Mountain West.

The 2013 SHERATON HAWAI'I BOWL is scheduled for Christmas Eve (Tuesday, Dec. 24) at Hawaiian Airlines Field at Aloha Stadium. Kick-off is 8 p.m. EST/3 p.m. HST and will air on ESPN and ESPN Radio. The game will also be available on computers at WatchESPN.com and on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app to fans who receive their video subscription from an affiliated provider.

"The SHERATON HAWAI'I BOWL is excited to host the Oregon State Beavers from the Pac-12 Conference," Matlin said. "The stars lined up as the Beavers will also be participating in the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic. They bring an electrifying brand of football as well as a number of players and coaches with Hawai'i ties who have an opportunity to return home."

"This is a tremendous opportunity for the Oregon State football program to represent the Pac-12 Conference at a region this University has strong ties to," Director of Athletics Bob De Carolis said. "The State of Hawai'i has a strong presence on the OSU campus and this presents another opportunity to strengthen that relationship. Beaver Nation is excited for the opportunity and I anticipate a strong showing of orange and black during the bowl week festivities and at the Diamond Head Classic where Coach (Craig) Robinson's team will be playing during the same time frame."

Oregon State (6-6) finished fourth in the Pac-12's North Division. The Beavers will play in a bowl game for the second consecutive year and eighth under head coach Mike Riley. OSU is 5-2 in bowl games under Riley.

"I am thrilled that our football team has an opportunity to play another game at an exciting destination against an outstanding Boise State team," Riley said. "The SHERATON HAWAI'I BOWL has a great tradition and we are excited to bring our team, which features several natives of the great State of Hawai'i, to represent the Pac-12 Conference."

The Beavers feature one of the nation's most exciting players in wide receiver Brandin Cooks, who is a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top receiver. Cooks set a Pac-12 record this season with 120 receptions and his 1,670 receiving yards leads all FBS receivers. Quarterback Sean Mannion ranks second nationally in passing (366.9 per game) and third in touchdowns (36).

The Beavers won six straight games to become bowl eligible on Oct. 19 and appeared at No. 25 in the initial BCS standings. OSU closed out its regular season with a narrow 36-35 loss to rival Oregon, falling in the closing seconds of the game.

The Beavers are just the second Pac-12 team to play in the SHERATON HAWAI'I BOWL's 11-year history. Arizona State appeared in the 2006 game. OSU will make its second NCAA-sanctioned bowl appearance in Hawai'i. The Beavers played in the Jeep O'ahu Bowl in 1999, falling to Hawai'i, 23-17 on Christmas Day.

Fans can purchase tickets online at www.eTicketHawaii.com and print them on their home computer. They can also visit the Stan Sheriff Center Box Office and Hawaiian Airlines Field at Aloha Stadium Box Office (Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or call 808-548-BOWL (2695) during the same hours. An additional outlet is the University of Hawai'i at M?noa Campus Center.

ESPN Events
ESPN Events, a division of ESPN Regional Television (ERT), owns and operates a large portfolio of collegiate sporting events worldwide. The roster includes two Labor Day weekend college football games; 10 college bowl games and eight college basketball events, which accounts for approximately 200 hours of programming, reaches almost 64 million viewers and attracts over a half a million attendees each year. With satellite offices in Boise, Birmingham, Dallas-Fort Worth, Albuquerque, St. Petersburg and Las Vegas, ESPN Events builds relationships with conferences, schools and local communities, as well as providing unique experiences for teams and fans.

A subsidiary of ESPN, ERT is also the production headquarters for ESPNU; syndication rights-holder and producer of national and regional shows for college conferences (American, Big 12, Mid-American, SEC) and manages the Big 12 Corporate Partner Program.

Collegiate Football
AdvoCare Texas Kickoff (Houston); BBVA Compass Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.); Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl St. Petersburg; Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl (Dallas-Fort Worth); Camellia Bowl (Montgomery, Ala.); Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Boise); Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque); Heart of Dallas Bowl Presented by PlainsCapital Bank (Dallas-Fort Worth); MEAC/SWAC Challenge presented by Disney (Orlando, Fla.); Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl; Sheraton Hawai’i Bowl (Honolulu); Texas Bowl (Houston) and The Home Depot College Football Awards

Collegiate Basketball
Armed Forces Classic (Camp Humphreys, South Korea); Charleston Classic (S.C.); Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic (Honolulu); Jimmy V Men’s & Women’s Basketball Classics presented by Corona Extra (Madison Square Garden & Durham, N.C.); Old Spice Classic (Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Fla.); Puerto Rico Tip-Off (San Juan, PR); State Farm Champions Classic (United Center, Chicago) and DIRECTV Wooden Legacy (Orange County, Calif.)

For more information, visit www.espnevents.com or follow on Twitter and Facebook.